I can’t believe I forgot to update about Seth this weekend when I actually have time to do so. I guess I am too busy working on his stocking, and even with all that effort, it probably still won’t get done by Christmas. Oh, well.
- At Seth’s last dr. appt, his doctor was concerned about his weight. He has only gained 10 oz in the last 3 months. I am supposed to be weaning him, and he is nursing less than before, but honestly he has 0 interest in weaning. I am totally ready. Oh, well.
- Seth does not like to eat. I do not understand AT ALL. And when he does eat, he doesn’t eat very much. There doesn’t seem to even be any food that he really loves – maybe fruit snacks? Foods he usually likes – black beans, tofu, oranges, apples (he actually LOVES apples), berries, string cheese, yogurt, chicken nuggets, meat, mac n cheese. Usually likes, meaning he will eat like 3 or so bites. When I guesstimate the number of calories he has eaten it is SO small, like 300 maybe. Half the time, if I give him a cookie, he just holds it and doesn’t eat it. Weird.
- The last couple days are getting a little better for him drinking milk, but usually if he even sees the milk carton, he KNOWS and refuses to drink.
- His vocab seems to be increasing, mostly transportation words – car, truck, dump truck, fire truck, plane, train, etc. I think some food words or something would be nice. Oh, well. I think at least 50% of the words he say are “truck”.
- Seth loves to roar and growl and does it for most animals and dinosaurs. So cute. I hope he does it for Halloween with his dragon costume.
- Seth LOVES trucks and cars and play with them, putting them in lines like Andrew, having them run along books or DVD cases on tables and making car noises.
- Seth also loves to play with dinosaurs and having them roar at us and each other.
- He also entertains himself by making block towers with Duplo blocks.
- He loves us reading him, but unlike Andrew, likes to hear the same books over and over – his new favorites are books about dinosaurs, tractors, and trucks.
- He has a cute sense of humor and fun. He likes to laugh, especially when Andrew does something funny. He pretended to be scared and screamed at all the decorated houses we passed by today. He does that when Andrew dresses up as a ghost, too. He’s not really scared, though.
- He has a good sense of direction – he gets upset when we are in the stroller and don’t turn the right way to the park. He also recognizes the zoo and the park and the library from blocks away.
- Seth has a temper, which usually expresses himself with throwing things and sometimes with hitting and pulling hair. He gets mad frequently.
- Seth is a Mama’s boy and still has a hard time being separated. One day, I went to visit our date-night sitters, but not to leave Seth there. Seth cried and was not happy at all about it. I am hoping that if we start adjusting him now, nursery won’t be too traumatic, but I’m not sure.
- Seth is also shy when Andrew is not around. When Andrew is around, he is running around and playing and having a blast. When Andrew is gone, he is much more tenative and stays by my side.
Fun things this month:
- Circus
- Zoo
- Botanical Gardens
- A new car seat (but still rear facing … heck, until he gains a few more ounces, he could still be in the infant one).
- Truck show at the high school field
- Measles rash! and hives! and visit to allergist!
- Apple picking.
No comments:
Post a Comment