Sunday, March 30, 2008

Food (and the Holidays)

There have been a lot of holidays lately - which means food! And with Andrew's visit to the feeding specialist and his issues with eating, we've been thinking about food a lot.

One day, I had it with all of the old frozen bananas in the freezer and made them all up into better food - two different recipes of banana bread and banana muffins. They were all yummy! We had a slice for our St. Patrick's day breakfast of eggs and orange juice. Katsu thought it was really gross (to look at) but ate it anyways. Andrew ate some bread and some spinach for his green-ness.





We also had to make hot cross buns for Good Friday. Yum! And eat our Easter jelly beans.





We also have tried coming some more things lately from scratch. We are thinking about making all of our own bread instead of buying it. Also, we are thinking of making a Friday night pizza tradition, where we make it and put all kinds of yummy things on it. Here is a recent best:



And of course, we are just hoping that Andrew will learn to swallow earlier rather than later. The feeding team seemed to think he was doing really well. He really loves to "eat" food ... he just doesn't swallow it.

4 comments:

-Laura- said...

Mmm...your post is making me hungry! I've been making lots of banana bread lately too. Would you mind posting one of your recipes? I love trying new ones. And I think your pizza looks fabulous!

Crystal said...

So what does the food specialist think?

TheFunYam said...

Yummy. I'm hungry now. But you forgot to mention that Andrew also eats other children's heads. Haha! Just Kidding! We love you guys. P.S. Is Andrew feeling better? Does he still have a fever?

-Laura- said...

Hey Amanda- Could you send me your email so that I can invite you to our blog?

lamammen at yahoo dot com