Two stories:
Last week I had a cold and my chest started to hurt really bad, all the time. So, I decided to go to the doctor. My health insurance sort of changed hands at the new year, so I double checked to make sure they had the right doctor for me. Well, I'm glad I did because they changed my primary care doctor ... without telling me! And so, it was downtown and I had to lug Andrew on a very crowded bus instead of getting to drive to my normal doctor. Then, my doctor was not very good (Well, actually I saw an RN). She recommended honey for my cough (even though I told her I didn't have a cough), claiming that scientific studies says it works pretty well, though she didn't know why. But then again, she though it might go through breastmilk and since babies can't have honey, I probably shouldn't either. And she said I could take Sudafed, but I had better check with Andrew's pediatrician first, to see if that was okay. So, in other words, it was WORTHLESS. And my arms ached for the next day from carrying 22 lb Andrew everywhere.
Today, Andrew finally had an appointment with his doctor about his swallowing problems. We got there at 2:30 or so for his 2:45 appt. At 3:00, we went back to the examining room, Andrew was weighed and got naked. And then, our doctor did not come until at least 4:00!!! What a crawling, naked except for diaper and gown baby is supposed to do for a whole hour in a cold examining room is beyond me! Then, poor Andrew had to be held down while the doctor tried to look at his throat causing him to throw up. And don't you love it when the doctor is like, "Wow! I have NEVER seen that before". So, now we need to see two specialists (a feeding team and an ear-nose-and throat doctor) in the next 2 weeks. Along with the helmet doctor he already sees. Plus, I have a doctors appt for a study I'm in.
Oh, I LOVE doctors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh my word! what a saga! I hope andrew is okay (and you too, since we still have no idea what YOU may have). maybe you could get a lung specialist while you're at it, to see how andrew can pull off those amazing wails! :)
Post a Comment