The Case Against Breastfeeding
I really liked this article. Yes, I nursed Andrew for a long time (19 months, I think), but I hate seeing people get all beat up when it doesn't work well for them or suffering forever. I really think that, to some effect, the benefits are probably over-rated. Now you can't take just one case - but Andrew sure isn't some paragon of health. And there are negatives that are never mentioned - for example, Andrew's feeding issues with solid foods, while uncommon, are much more common in breastfed babies.
I also loved how she said she wanted to hurt people when they said that breastfeeding is free. It's true - breastfeeding takes an ENORMOUS amount of time that is ignored and rarely talked about. Like seriously, when you're feeding every two hours, for half an hour or more and only the mom can do it. That never felt very free to me.
Yea for showing both sides of the coin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment