The market was a little disappointing for the others. Mostly clothes, but they did get some food - some herring for Katsu and Katsu brought home some chocolate bark with cranberries for me. They ran into a pretty famous chocolate seller who also sells chocolate genitalia - luckily, they didn't bring any of that back for me. Good thing the kids are too young to notice most things!
We met up in the park by the museum and Andrew played in the playground and on the large I Amsterdam sign. Then, we split up - Kiyo & co going back home the same way we came and our family going home via the other side of the city, so we can see more of the city (we just couldn't stand the idea of walking back along the canal for the 4th time!).
On the way back, we saw Rembrandtplein, Rembrandt's house, the flower market (not really floating on a canal, so not that interesting ... plus, with no patio and no yard, we have no where to really plant flowers), the original Heineken factory, and then through the old city center. I went into Our Lord of the Attic museum. Basically, it used to be illegal to be Catholic, but you could make a church in your attic and they pretty much would ignore that. So, this was a full little church up in the attic of a couple canal houses. I thought it was fascinating. They are in the middle of restoring it, so there wasn't a lot to see, but I still thought it was really cool. Seth was not too interested. Andrew and Katsu got fried chicken while I was in the museum.
We just hung out for the rest of the evening, grabbing ice cream and having fun. Andrew even played in a bounce house thing at the park that evening - not sure why it was there, but it was still fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment