This post is a little delayed, first because I wanted to finish Netherlands post first, and second, because we are all a little frazzled here. Between jet lag (i.e., Seth waking up at 3 am every morning) and illnesses (Seth got croup over the weekend and now, me and the boys have colds), we have just been worn out. Oh, and our babysitter quit (sigh ...) But since we leave to Ann Arbor tomorrow for Katsu's graduation (yes, we have to fly again already), the time has come. But it'll be a short update.
Seth is everywhere. Basically, he wants to crawl, cruise, climb all the time. Today, he discovered he can walk holding on to his push toy and he is in love! It's so cute to watch and he has really great control over it already. Plus, it keeps him occupied. He is busy, short-attention spanned, and into everything. I think there is only one agenda item for him each day: get everything off or out. Out of the book shelves, out of the cabinets, off the tables, out of the toy baskets, etc. So, I spend the day trying to keep him from getting into Andrew's toys, trying to keep Andrew from hurting Seth, trying to keep him out of important stuff, putting everything away he just got out, and keeping him from pulling the cat's tail or fur. I kind of forgot about this age ... but it's all coming back to me.
Seth still hasn't gotten any more teeth - just the bottom 2. No sign the top ones will come in any time soon. He is looking a little chubbier this month, but he still doesn't weigh a whole lot - just 19 lbs as far as I can gauge. He is a very distracted nurser (frustrating for traveling) and is getting tired with baby food. He likes to feed himself, but still doesn't have a huge repertoire (or appetite or patience). I tried getting him to spoon feed himself, but that was kind of a joke. He hates sitting still, but if he's strapped in with something that goes through his legs and around his belly, he will stay there.
Seth throws a ball! I am pretty impressed. I will play the rolling the ball back and forth, but he will pick it up and throw it to me. He has pretty good aim, too. This seems pretty advanced to me. It's so cute to watch.
Seth is also really good with waving. He is trying to do high five and clap. He babbles a lot and says "Oh", "Mom" and "Dadda" a lot. He might say "Bye" some of the time. He even tried to say amen a few times. Too cute.
He's been pretty happy, though the trip was pretty trying for him. We're having a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment