Thursday, July 15, 2010

St Louis

This morning, Andrew said, “I don’t like St. Louis.  I want to live in Arbor.”  I have to say, I am surprised that a 3 year old still expresses this almost daily 5 months after moving.

Of course, I still feel the same way at least 50% of the time.  There are things we love about St Louis (the sun, all the fun things to do, there probably is something else …), but there are other things that we don’t like, too.  Like our lack of friends.  Like the lack of children around here.  And the oppressive heat and humidity.  Now, I remember why I hated being outside as a kid in Oklahoma.  And why I will NEVER like Texas.  We are on heat advisory today and yesterday.  That means the heat index will be 110 again.  Last night, when we watched the news at 9 pm, the heat index was still 102 in St Louis.  Yikes!  I didn’t realize St Louis was so hot & humid … silly me.

2 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

we've been out of AA for 2 years now and my kids STILL ask when we are going back.

We ALL miss the people

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Thank you thank you thank you Amanda for being so good at keeping the blog up. It is wonderful for us. We are at the cabin and don't have the web there but are down for a day in Cedar so catching up on things. We can't believe how fast the boys are growing and not even seeing them yet. We are hoping to be at the wedding. We love you xoxoxox