We drove to Dallas for Christmas this year. We stayed almost two weeks because we were dying to go somewhere warmer, but then we were sick the whole time and rarely got outside. Oh, well.
We were hoping the drive would be really fun, like when we went to Dallas from Ann Arbor. And while there’s some stuff to do in Missouri that’s fun, Oklahoma is pretty slim pickings from Tulsa to Dallas. Although Lake Eufala is very pretty to look at.
On the way …
We stopped at the Precious Moments Chapel. The boys were mostly glad to be outside and able to run around. But it was really fun and a lot prettier than I remembered (I have been there once as a kid). It was pretty empty – not too many visitors. And when we went to the gift shop, we got 4 free ornaments! I feel kind of bad we only bought a couple postcards.
We stayed in Broken Arrow, where I grew up, at my longest friend April’s house. I was excited to see her … it feels like it’s been a long time, but I guess just 2 years. It’s so weird driving around BA because I feel like I should know my way around better, but I never drove there (plus, it’s been like 12 years …). We went to Rhema Bible College to see the Christmas lights just like I used to do as a kid. We also drove by the old houses we lived in on the way home. The next morning we went to church in what would have been my ward (though the wards have changed and combined since then) and saw a few people I know. Then, we drove the rest of the way to Dallas.
Rhema lights:
No comments:
Post a Comment