Finally uploaded pictures and now we can update.
We just stayed home for Thanksgiving. I didn’t feel up to inviting people over, especially since we only have 3 chairs which isn’t really enough for us. It would have been nice to go somewhere else, but no one invited us or asked what we were doing, so oh, well.
I was a little lazy (I didn’t make my own rolls – yeah for frozen) and we also lost the gravy packet and since everytime I have made my own gravy it has been a disaster, we had no gravy. We weren’t going to have a pie since no one is a huge fan, but then Andrew insisted on a pumpkin pie the day before, so I did end up making one. We also had turkey (which Katsu cooked), homemade stuffing, green bean casserole from scratch (like fresh green beans, mushrooms, and homemade white sauce), mashed potatoes, and fresh cranberry sauce. It was good. Of course, the boys mostly only liked the cranberry sauce. More for me!
Andrew wore special clothes he had from preschool. And we all watched the Macy’s day parade. We were going to go to the parade in St Louis but then it was rainy and very cold, so we didn’t feel up to it. Probably next year.
The next day, the boys were up early, so we did some Black Friday shopping. That is always Katsu’s favorite – he doesn’t think the deals are very exciting anymore, but he did get an MP3 player for a good price and we got some other Christmas presents, too.
Then, we set up the Christmas tree and other decorations. Unfortunately, a couple weeks later the boys broke the Christmas tree base and I had had it up to here, so that was the end of the Christmas tree for that year. We’ll see what we do next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment