Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Glasgow and Crookston - Day 8

Of course, we've been saving the best for last! We woke up and walked to the train station to take the train to Glasgow (about 50 minutes) - thankfully not too long, because someone was getting impatient. We took a walk and went and saw the Cathedral. It was very beautiful. Then, we saw the St. Mungo Museum of Religious Life which was actually really well done and had gorgeous views of the Cathedral.




Besides lots of art museums, there didn't seem a lot of other must sees in Glasgow. So, we went to our personal must-see via another 10 minute train to Crookston station - the Crookston castle!!!




After a 15 minute walk, we were there! It was probably one of the most fun parts of the trips. We were the only ones there (obviously) and got to wander around the ruins all by ourself. Andrew, of course, loved it. It was a lot better than I expected with four floors and lots of little plaques describing the different rooms. You had to go up to some pretty small ladders to get to the very top. I went into all the floors but was too chicken to go up to the roof, but Katsu did. We had so much fun and took way too many pictures for all our interested relatives. I'll post a few here.











Then, we walked around and did some shopping (window shopping - all we got was some fish and chips) before taking the train back to Edinburgh and walking home and relaxing for one more night in our apartment.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

All your posts look like so much fun, even with toddler in tow. I'm so jealous you got to go to Scotland and see the Crookston castle. :P I doubt I'll be heading there any time soon.

Hope you're having a great week and getting some sleep! :) love ya!